Monday, December 8, 2014

6 types of snow prep equipment: #2 Food

You've seen those Snickers commercials with the annoying celebrities jerks that become regular people after taking a bite of a candy bar? Pure truth in advertising. You're not you when you're hungry. I make the worst decisions when I'm starving, I'm sure you do too. 

Now I'm no nutritionist, but I would recommend something not just dense in calories, but also dense in nutrients. I like to have trail mix and Clif bars on hand. Honestly, Snickers has peanuts, which is a plus. Do what you want. I'm not your boss. 

Keep dense snacks on hand. Depending on the food, you might be able to keep these in the car. Some foods to consider:
  • Backpacker meals: you'll need head and a receptacle to cook in
  • Energy bars: Clif or Powerbars stay good for a long time. And they taste kinda good too
  • Trail mix, or nuts & dried berries


Subscribe via e-mail now (feedburner) | Ask a question

No comments:

Post a Comment